Re: User agent context for rendering the presentation (was: Re: Google/Mozilla Presentation API update)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Anton Vayvod <avayvod@google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:32 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:

>> > This seems to be a general issue with the Device Orientation and Device
>> > Motion APIs.  I don't think the Web author can assume that they are
>> > supported on all devices (since they may not have the appropriate
>> > sensors)
>> > and must code accordingly?
>> >
>> > In the worst case the presentation can query the appropriate APIs after
>> > the
>> > motion- or orientation-controlled presentation will work or not.
>>
>> The presentation API defines what to do when certain sensors are
>> missing.
>
> Jonas, for clarity sake, I think you meant device orientation API here.

Yes. Thanks.

I agree that making device orientation and screen orientation APIs
should reflect the screen where rendering happens. Up to the UA to
implement as much as it can of this, and where it can't, it should
follow the relevant spec (device/screen orientation).

/ Jonas