RE: Google/Mozilla Presentation API update

Hi Marco,

From: Marco Chen [mailto:mchen@mozilla.com]
Sent: Montag, 25. August 2014 13:31
To: Jonas Sicking
Cc: Mark Watson; mark a. foltz; Anton Vayvod; Anssi Kostiainen; Wesley Johnston; public-webscreens@w3.org; Evelyn Hung
Subject: Re: Google/Mozilla Presentation API update

Hi,

I think the support of multiple controllers is important to benefit some use cases.
The web game can allow multiple players for one.

[Louay] YouTube is another example. The YouTube Application for TV (DIAL) and Chromecast allows multiple controllers.

Maybe we can refer to NSD [1] which provided two EventHandler for notifying service found or lost.
(For Presentation API here, maybe session joined or leaved and under NavigatorPresentation)
Then the session object in presenting page [2] will become multiple ones.

[Louay] On option is to window.navigator.onpresent many times (for each requestSession() in the controlling page).

The question is do we allow presenting page to explicitly reject or deny second or later sessions?
(ex: when I choose a game to single player mode then presenting page can reject others player.)

[Louay] One option is to use session.close(). The presenting page can send a deny message before closing the session using session.postMessage(“Deny message”).

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/discovery-api/#dom-networkservices-onservicefound

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webscreens/2014Aug/0058.html