Re: HTML Slidy remote - a Presentation API demo

Replying to myself as I had missed one of the suggested API updates...

On 2014-08-19 18:42, Francois Daoust wrote:
> On 2014-08-13 17:00, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
>> Hi Francois, All,
>>
>> On 22 Jul 2014, at 13:25, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:
[...]
> The spec should clarify when the "present" event gets fired in the
> presentation page. No sooner than the tick that follows the "load"
> Window event? No sooner than the tick that follows the
> "DOMContentLoaded" event? Can implementations queue up the event up
> until it can be delivered? Or did I miss something? The "present" event
> is essential in the presentation page since it is the one that gives it
> the handler to the presentation session.

And I see this race condition would actually be addressed by the second
point in Mark's email about Google/Mozilla suggested API updates:
[[
As a secondary aspect an API that exposes the PresentationSession as a
property of NavigatorPresentation would be easier for Web developers, as
they don’t have to race against the browser firing the onpresent event
too soon, before their event handler is registered.
]]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webscreens/2014Aug/0003.html

That would indeed be much better from a developer perspective.

Francois.