From: Rajarshee Dhar (rajadhar) <rajadhar@cisco.com>
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2022 7:02 AM
To: public-webrtc@w3.org <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Cc: Ram Mohan R (rmohanr) <rmohanr@cisco.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RTCSender still transmits audio packet even when a=inactive is received in SDP

You don't often get email from rajadhar@cisco.com. Learn why this is important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>

Hello team,

We are a group from Cisco and we are trying to implement a Web client leveraging the webrtc lib.
We observed that if the incoming sdp contains “a=inactive” , the webrtc lib still sends audio packets , although it sets the transceiver direction correctly as “inactive”.

If the media direction is set as “inactive” , ideally packets should not be transmitted. Can someone have a look at this behaviour?

--
Regards,
Rajarshee