Re: Mesh networks and PeerConnections in Workers - what I heard

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 12:18 PM Tim Panton <thp@westhawk.co.uk> wrote:

> I think the (un?) surprising part of the matrix presentation was the
> desire to intercept fetch() in order to make it simpler to put existing
> UX’s onto the new p2p browser mesh.
> In other words they wanted to be in the service worker so that the
> (complex) UI page(s) could continue using the same REST API as when it was
> talking to a server based crypto backend. Their view is that this would
> greatly speed adoption.

This was my read of the presentation as well, which in hindsight doesn't
seem a sufficient reason to contemplate exposing RTCPeerConnection in
workers. It suggests an application written from scratch wouldn't have this
problem. What am I missing?