Re: Screensharing: Bootstrapping Collaboration between Capturer and Capturee

> One thing I overlooked from your original proposal is that you plan to do
> the communication between two tabs to happen externally (via service
> workers or p2p datachannels), maybe it has already been discussed but is
> there any reason that you are not using a MessageChannel/MessagePort
> instead?

Here
<https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-screen-share/issues/166#issuecomment-852329145>
is
one comment that addresses this question.

If I understood your proposal correctly,  the capture handle would only be
> available if you share a tab, but can't be available if sharing a browser
> window or the whole desktop. How would your proposal work in this case?

We can expand Capture Handle to work with user-agent windows, by saying
that the window's Capture Handle is that of the active tab. Changing of
active-tab can be handled the same way we handle top-level document
navigation in the captured tab.