Re: Call for Consensus (CfC): WebRTC-NV Use Cases

> On 14 Dec 2021, at 07:45, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
> Just a minor follow up on Jan-Ivar’s input below.
>
> The html media element already has the autoplay attribute, it should be made clear why it would not satisfy N36.

It is currently unusable in chrome. It works without a user action if you are the developer (i.e. you visited the site recently) but not if you are a new
Visitor, this makes it impossible to do regression testing. (It is also anti-competitive IMHO).

The user can have granted mic permissions etc, but still not get autoplay.

I spend more time fixing this than almost anything else.
I have an otherwise needless modal dialog in many of my apps, to obtain a user click, which then has to go off an do a _lot_ of unrelated things.

Explaining this to a rational web-dev is exhausting.

T.