Re: Call for Adoption: Region Capture specification

I am not sure where I should file these issues given this is a process issue: the proposed document (region capture) cannot be used as is on top of any agreed W3C WG document.
If I were to implement Region Capture today, web developers could not use it directly, they would need more than that.
This makes it very hard to reason about the proposal, see how much it fits in practice, whether it is valuable to have a generic mechanism...

Hence why I think it would be best to work on these preliminary items (in particular capture handle) and reassess the region capture proposal accordingly.
Or to merge region capture with capture handle until we have a good understanding of getViewPortMedia.

As I said before, I think it is valuable to solve this problem and the WebRTC WG is probably the right place for this to happen.
I’ll write some thoughts about how cropping could be done for getDisplayMedia in an already filed issue: https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-screen-share/issues/195 <https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-screen-share/issues/195>.