Re: getThisTabMedia

On 12/10/2020 23:23, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>> Would it be able to share itself into any Webrtc call or just into a
>> specific app?
>

> Since what you get from getBrowserContextMedia is a MediaStream, it
> can be placed into any PeerConnection object that the page has access
> to - but since we don't have means of moving PeerConnections or
> MediaStreams between contexts, that effectively means "specific app".

I think there could be a confusion about what "specific app" means. As
Harald points out, the PeerConnection is only accessible to the js of
the currrent tab, but that doesn't prevent you from sharing the media
stream with an external service.

In fact, this would be a perfect match for the webrtc http ingest protocol:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-murillo-whip-00

Which would allow any conference/presentation/etc app to broadcast their
contents to a WHIP server by just introducing the url of the server/service.

Best regards

Sergio