Re: getThisTabMedia

On 10/8/20 10:49 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> On 10/8/20 3:56 PM, Sergio Garcia Murillo wrote:
>> On 08/10/2020 21:36, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
>>>
>>>  2. Is the goal performance? E.g. is recording a web conference call
>>> using canvas.captureStream prohibitive?
>>>
>> canvas.captureStream is not a viable option at all, the idea is to be
>> able to capture all the richness of a css+js UI interface, not to
>> have to re implement all of it manually (or via webgl).
>
> So the use case is recording a web conference call?

The primary use case is to share a tab that contains conferencing code +
displaying information in the form of complex Web content. One example
is projecting a Google Docs presentation into a conference; if the page
displaying the presentation also contains conferencing code, it can
capture itself and send itself to the conference.

For the use case of conference calls, where all the interesting content
is already in audio/video form, we have adequate ways of recording them.