Re: getThisTabMedia

On 08/10/2020 21:36, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:

>  2. Is the goal performance? E.g. is recording a web conference call
> using canvas.captureStream prohibitive?

canvas.captureStream is not a viable option at all, the idea is to be
able to capture all the richness of a css+js UI interface, not to have
to re implement all of it manually (or via webgl).

I agree with the IFRAME argument, we should prevent this for capturing
contents from outside the domain (and isolated streams).

IMHO, I would prefer to extend to the media capture from DOM elements to
the window or document elements (following the same domain security
policies, of course).

Best regards

Sergio