Re: Call for Consensus (CfC) to Publish last WebRTC-PC Candidate Recommendation

Speaking only for myself (Chair hat off), I support publishing WebRTC 1.0 as a Candidate Recommendation.

The only potential update I would consider would be adding maxFramerate back to the specification.  At the time it was removed, it had not been implemented in any browser, but that is no longer the case.  I have gotten questions from developers who have been confused by the removal (thinking that it was no longer under consideration for implementation), so adding it back would clarify this and would be likely to lead to more usage.
________________________________
From: Bernard Aboba
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 6:39 AM
To: public-webrtc@w3.org <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Subject: Call for Consensus (CfC) to Publish last WebRTC-PC Candidate Recommendation

This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to Publish "WebRTC 1.0 Real-time Communications Between Browsers" as a Candidate Recommendation (CR).

This is intended to be the last Candidate Recommendation for WebRTC 1.0.

The specification is located here: https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc/

The Github repo is here: https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-p<https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc>

The CfC will last for one week, and will end on Wednesday, August 12, 2020.

In response, please state one of the following:

  *   I support publishing the WebRTC 1.0 as a Candidate Recommendation.
  *   I object to publishing WebRTC 1.0 as a Candidate Recommendation, due to issues filed in open bug <#number>.

Bernard, for the Chairs