Re: Follow up issues from WebRTC / PING TPAC meeting

Hi Folks,

I wanted to pick this thread up again.  Is it possible for the WG to summarize where things stand, regarding the three PING issues discussed at TPAC.  At the time it seemed like there was consensus, and that the consensus dissipated right after through the above convo, so would greatly appreciate an understanding of where things stand.

Specifically:
1) double keying of IDs (and how to maintain privacy protections with dynamic / overlapping privacy storage epochs like those in Safari and Brave, possibly elsewhere)
2) device ids -> int handles (I especially don’t understand the claim that ints become IDs quickly, as long as the ints are recycled)
3) how device labels interact with permissions (and whether / why giving permission to a single device gives access to all device labels / ids).

Would it be possible for the WG to summarize the current state of things, and where things have changed since the conversation at TPAC?

Thanks!

Pete Snyder
{pes,psnyder}@brave.com
Brave Software