Re: Follow up issues from WebRTC / PING TPAC meeting

Den 05.10.2019 06:24, skrev Jan-Ivar Bruaroey:

>>  https://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-main/#dom-mediadeviceinfo-deviceid mentions
>> unguessability, but I didn't see a reason why that would be needed.
> I suspect we just meant nondeterministic across origins.

My memory says that we wanted to avoid pages learning about devices by
probing into a small ID space.

1, 2, 3 is a small ID space; UUID space is large enough that one
normally ignores the chance of collision; for unguessability, probably
an ID space on the order of a million distinct IDs is quite large enough.