From: Amit Hilbuch <amithi@google.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:10 AM
To: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Cc: Florent Castelli <orphis@google.com>; Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia.murillo@gmail.com>; WebRTC WG <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Subject: Re: WebRTC-SVC: "S" modes and simulcast using a single SSRC

The RIDs aren't necessary in all packets of the same stream. in fact once the receiver acknowledges receipt of a stream with a MID or RID, the sender can remove the MIDs and RIDs from future packets carrying the same SSRC (as the relationship between SSRC -> MID and SSRC -> RID has been established by the receiver).
to that extent, you should not send different layers using the same SSRC and relying on them having different RIDs, as receivers might also be ignoring the RID and MID extensions once the relationship to SSRC is established. Not sure if SVC would be different than regular simulcast in this regard, but worth mentioning.