Re: The abysmal state of interoperability for the m-section of SDP

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 7:31 AM Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a bit of a rant, but I thought it would be important to share
> how painful it is right now to work across browsers with WebRTC and
> where I'd like to see some improvements.
>
> We are an avid user of multiple parallel media streams between peers
> in a video call. We often send one or more screenshares at the same
> time as the video call itself. This makes it possible to look at a
> person while sharing the screen, something I've always found bizarre
> in most traditional video conferencing applications. We can't have
> that in a telehealth application where the clinician needs to always
> be able to see a patient.
>
> In the past, we had no interoperability between Firefox and Chrome
> because Chrome supported Plan B (which incidentally worked really
> well) and Firefox did Unified Plan. We waited patiently for Chrome to
> support Unified Plan and rejoiced when it came. But we were out of
> luck. Moving to Unified Plan with Chrome didn't make sense for us,
> because Firefox decided to make secondary streams not use the ID that
> is passed in, but use something else altogether. So we held back,
> because we still couldn't make it work interoperably. (Thanks Firefox
> for not following the standard.)

Not use the ID that was passed in? Can you clarify what this refers to?
On both Chrome and Firefox, I see the local stream ID reflected on the
remote side, as expected: https://codepen.io/henbos/pen/QWLpmMK?editors=1010
Track IDs on the other hand should not be assumed to match
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-ZfikoUtoJa9k-GZG1daN0BU3IjIanQ_JSscHxQesvU/edit?usp=sharing>
.