[webrtc-pc] RTCDataChannelInit unknown member handling

From: Lennart Grahl via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 21:11:34 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
lgrahl has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc:

== RTCDataChannelInit unknown member handling ==
During my data channel testing, I found a lot of weird behaviour due to options passed to `createDataChannel` that have not been interpreted by the implementation. Examples:

`pc.createDataChannel('blah', { maxPacketLifeTime: 1 })` is not implemented in Chrome. It **silently** creates a reliable channel because it ignores the `maxPacketLifeTime` member.

The silent "failure" is particularly bad. Would it be possible to raise an exception in case a member of the provided `RTCDataChannelInit` options object is unknown to the implementation? This would also fix issues with typos.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/1882 using your GitHub account