Re: ICE freezing and Bandwidth Estimation

On 05/24/2018 01:44 AM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> I'm not saying anyone would do it, because it's kind of madness.  But
> it's a theoretically-possible madness.
>
> Here's a simple proof:  we know that unbundled m-lines can have
> transports connected to different hosts (with different DTLS certs,
> etc).  And those hosts can be browsers, and those browsers would be
> different PeerConnections.

I think that doing so with browsers would require you to rewrite the SDP
between the initiating and responding browsers so that the two
responding browsers each see only the m-line they're responsible for
replying on, and you would have to reassemble the response from those
two browsers in order to have something to pass to setRemoteDescription
on the intiating browser.

And the resulting response would have two different a=fingerprint
fields, of course - should be ok, since it's mux-class TRANSPORT.
But has it been tested?

These are the kinds of issues that make me ask "has this actually been
done successfully".