Re: Use cases / requirements for raw data access functions

On 05/18/2018 11:33 PM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> By the way, this is my use case: as a web/mobile developer, I want to
> send media over QUIC for my own replacement for RTP.  QUIC isn't the
> replacement for RTP, but my own protocol on top of QUIC (or SCTP, or
> any data channel) is the replacement for RTP.    Luckily, this is
> "free" as soon as you add QUIC data channels and split the RtpSender
> into encoder and transport.  That's all I need.

Peter,

since I'm asking this of others:

can you please expand this into an use case - describe a function or
application that is possible / easy when you have that functionality
available, and is impossible / hard to do today?

I agree with Sergio that this is a description of an implementation, not
an use case (and that it's useless for use cases that involve the RTP
ecosystem, which means that the use case you have in mind isn't one of
Sergio's use cases).

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.