Re: WebRTC NV Use Cases

> On 9 May 2018, at 21:29, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> As with any successful effort, we are looking for volunteers to develop a presentation for the F2F, and perhaps even a document.
I have a bunch of use-case examples that don’t really fit into the RFC 7478  list - they seem to fall into 2 groups:

1) enhanced peer-to-peer browser communication - where the communication is enhanced by using other web technologies to transform the media stream.
 eg a podcast interview recording page. It needs webaudio integration and media recording.

2) browser peer to device peer - here only one side is a browser - RFC 7478 anticipates that the other side would be a (telephony) server - I’m interested in small device peers.
 eg
 1 way video from and control of a drone by a browser page
        2 way video and audio from a door bell.

More contentiously group 2 could include devices where there is no media component - just realtime peer-to-peer communication with a device over the data channel

Travel arrangements permitting I’d be happy to present these in Stockholm.

Tim.