Re: Low latency video in WebRTC

I've recently been wondering if perhaps using WebRTC in the browser is not
the best method of streaming HD video for my robotics application.  I have
seen some references in the forum to running a "native" WebRTC app but
would that still require a signalling server?  Or maybe there is an
alternative to WebRTC altogether that would be better suited for doing
low-latency LAN based point to point HD streaming.  I remember trying to
use VLC, Gstreamer, ffmpeg a while back but the latency was way too much.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

 Chris