Re: WebRTC in workers

From: Feross Aboukhadijeh <feross@feross.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 16:28:50 -0700
To: harald@alvestrand.no
Cc: public-webrtc@w3.org
Seconding what Youenn said. Transferring a data channel to a worker while
the PeerConnection remains in the main thread would prevent many use cases.
It's best if the PeerConnection can be initiated directly in the worker so
it can be shared among many open tabs, or initiated entirely from within a
service worker in response to a push notification or 'fetch' event.

Feross

I write at feross.org and tweet as @feross <https://twitter.com/feross>.
I work on WebTorrent <https://webtorrent.io/>, Standard
<https://standardjs.com/>, and Study Notes <https://www.apstudynotes.org/>.