[webrtc-pc] does rtcrtpheaderextensionparameters need a direction?

From: Philipp Hancke via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 09:12:04 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
fippo has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc:

== does rtcrtpheaderextensionparameters need a direction? ==
iiuc https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#rtcrtpheaderextensionparameters will be returned by getParameters and (quoting @alvestrand) to check "are the things I expected present" in terms of functionality available on an RTP connection.

Do we need a direction member to allow discovering whether a header extension is sent, received, sent and received or negotiated but inactive?

ORTC mentions the direction here: http://draft.ortc.org/#rtcrtpheaderextensionparameters*
but does not include a direction member either (and the text there seems to be in the wrong section but i'll file an issue there)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/1912 using your GitHub account