Re: Low latency video in WebRTC

Hi Paul, I've been using WebRTC since mid 2015 for my remotely controlled
robotics applications and have found that I typically get <200ms latency on
a wireless LAN (1280x720@30fps, stereo) .  There were some changes to
Chrome around version 45 that created more latency especially after the
stream runs for more than an hour continuously.  I have stuck with using
Chrome version 44 as a result and from time to time test the latest
versions of Chrome to see if there have been any improvements to latency.
I have also recompiled Chrome with tweaks to the jitter buffer settings
with mixed results, nothing that helps much.
It would be great to use the latest version of Chrome especially because
now that it has the getStats() API but I need to have the lowest latency
possible.
Anyway, I wasn't necessarily looking for an answer, just suggesting that it
would be nice to get even less latency than is currently possible even if
the video smoothness and quality suffers a bit.

Thanks,
 Chris

p.s. My method of testing latency involves use of two phototransistors and
an oscilloscope to ensure that I'm measuring the actual "glass-to-glass"
latency.