Re: Raw data API - 6 - Encoders/decoders

On 14/06/2018 11:55, Peter Thatcher wrote:

>     Does this API provide any advantage over the ORTC-sytle RTPSender
>     if we just don't want to do any raw processing? Yes, I would even
>     re-implement a standard rtp stack on js than having to use the
>     ORTC sender/receiver stuff.
>

> I'm curious what you think is wrong with the ORTC RtpSender and
> RtpReceiver.  Have you used it?  What was difficult?  You said
> something about them being like SDP m-lines, but I don't see how
> that's the case.

By the way, regarding ORTC, i found this old thread about what I thought
it was wrong with ORTC two years ago:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ortc/2016Apr/0020.html

Don't ask me to try to elaborate the rationale behind it as I have
erased everything from my memory .. hehehe.. but basically, my complain
has always been that RTPSender was too complex and too high level to be
usable. I was also already all-in for splitting the encoders and senders
at that time.. X-)

https://github.com/murillo128/simple-ortc/blob/master/examples.md

Best regards

Sergio