[webrtc-pc] Describe consistency model between *{local|remote}*Description attributes

From: Harald Alvestrand via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 08:46:18 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
alvestrand has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc:

== Describe consistency model between *{local|remote}*Description attributes ==
The spec doesn't enforce a particular consistency model between the localDescription, currentLocalDescription, pendingLocalDescription and their remote counterparts.
These descriptions can potentially change over the time of execution of Javascript, meaning that their values could be observed inconsistently by a script.

Suggestion: Specify that all the six attributes are observed from a single consistent snapshot. (In theory, we could specify that this is observed at the time of script startup, but I think that increases overhead for functions that don't observe these attributes, so I think we should leave the exact time of observation implementation-defined.)

CC @foolip

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/1965 using your GitHub account