Re: Temporal and spatial scalability support on RTCRtpEncodingParameters

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:59:15 +0200
To: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Cc: Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia.murillo@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Bernard Aboba
<Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> 2. Interpretation of RTCRtpEncodingParameters.dependencyEncodingIds as a hint, meaning "Encode up to this many layers, but no more, with the browser given the flexibility to figure out how many layers can be encoded at a given instant."
> I believe that ORTC Lib takes this approach.

What I don't want is the scenario in which I set a SVC-enabled
RtpEncodingParameters but the browser does something different and,
even worse, rtpSender.getParameters() does not tell me about what the
browser decided (same problem as in DTLS role).

So bullet 2) above works for me:

- Please browser, if possible send these SVC layers, or less if you
can't or I constrain the bandwidth by other means, but never do more
than this.

It works for me. Otherwise we cannot signal anything to the other
party regarding SVC layers.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>