[webrtc-pc] Example ICE state transition appears incorrect

From: Taylor Brandstetter via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 22:05:20 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
taylor-b has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc:

== Example ICE state transition appears incorrect ==
One of the transitions is "(any state, ICE restart occurs): new". However, this isn't what I'd expect, since during an ICE restart the existing candidate pair continues being used. So I'd actually expect that the transitions would be:

* connected -> no change
* completed -> connected
* disconnected -> checking?
* failed -> new -> checking

Does that sound right? I guess we may need to revisit the ICE state table such that its definitions take ICE restarts into account, if the behavior is not clear enough as-is.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/1630 using your GitHub account