Re: The uniqueness of track IDs?

On 04/10/17 00:36, Taylor Brandstetter wrote:
> The original purpose is now fulfilled by the MID, which /is/ readily accessible.
> The track event includes the transceiver, which has the MID as an attribute.
>
> True, it only works in Unified Plan, but the rest of the API is also designed
> around Unified Plan, and hopefully Chrome will be there soon enough.

I agree to that MID can fulfill the original purpose, but even /if/ we
would decide that track ID's are not really needed we would need to
decide how far we take it, e.g.:

1. We remove Id from tracks all together
2. We keep Id on tracks, but it is always generated locally

(I think so far at least we have assumed that we keep syncing the Id of
streams, so draft-ietf-mmusic-msid would still be needed to be used.)

I think 1. is out of the question, it would affect mediacapture-main and
a lot of apps using the Id.

//Stefan