Re: A very short extension spec: DSCP codepoint control

Hi Harald,

I was at TPAC where Peter introduced the topic (which made a lot of
sense to me), but I was not at IETF, so not sure about the discussions
there.

IMHO, we could provide an extension of the current API that would not
break current behaviour (which seemed to be the main concern), in the
way that other W3C apis have done it.

It could be possible to use either the current specification to set both
local and qos priorities simultaneously:

parameters.encodings[0].priority = "high";

Or specify each of them independently by providing a dictionary instead
of an string:

parameters.encodings[0].priority = {qos: "high", network: "low" };

Just my two cents

Best regards
Sergio