Re: Recording of divs on a page

Excellent, that was the spec I was looking for, just couldn't find it! Are
there any implementations?

Best Regards,
Silvia.

On 20 Nov. 2017 9:35 pm, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org> wrote:

Le 20/11/2017 à 05:24, Silvia Pfeiffer a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> The MediaRecorder API is defined to record media streams (audio or
> video) on a page.
>
> I remember there were discussions in the past to allow recording of
> divs on a page rather than just MediaStream objects. Does anybody know
> the status of such discussions? I wasn't able to find any specs about
> it.

I think the way you would do this would be to overlay a canvas on the
div, and use Media Capture From Element to get a mediastream out of the
canvas

https://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-fromelement/#html-canvas-element-media-
capture-extensions

Dom