[webrtc-pc] Need to describe when ICE and DTLS transport objects are created/changed

From: Taylor Brandstetter via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 06:37:32 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
taylor-b has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc:

== Need to describe when ICE and DTLS transport objects are created/changed ==
The specification mentions that:

> RTCDtlsTransport objects are constructed as a result of calls to setLocalDescription() and setRemoteDescription().

But it needs to go into more detail. Which `setLocalDescription`/`setRemoteDescription` calls cause the transport to be created (and returned by the sender/receiver `transport` attribute)? Only local descriptions? Any offer? The "applying a description" steps should answer this question.

We should also describe when the transports are changed as a result of bundling/RTCP muxing being negotiated.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/1178 using your GitHub account