Re: Why is iceRestart just available in RTCOfferOptions?

From: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:44:27 -0400
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:

> > When offer was sent after ICE nomination was completed it already
> includes
> > only the nominated candidate
>
> Perhaps I don't understand but, do you mean the "selected candidate
> into the m= and c= lines"?

I mean after ICE nomination completes, end points release unused candidates
and keep only the single candidate which was nominated. If an offer is sent
after the end of ICE nomination, it contains only a single a=candidate
line. When ICE is restarted, the candidates are collected again. When
answerer receives the offer it will be missing the candidates needed for
ICE restart since offering side did not collect them.

Regards,
Roman Shpount