"Priority and QoS model"

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:39:40 +0000
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi all,

the section "Priority and QoS model" [1] basically gives the JS
application the options "very-low", "low", "medium" and "high" and then
references RTCWEB-TRANSPORT section 4 and TSVWG-RTCWEB-QOS.

RTCWEB-TRANSPORT section 4 in turn describes "local prioritization" and
use of DSCP (with references to TSVWG-RTCWEB-QOS for the later).

Both "local prioritization" and DSCP use are phrased as "SHOULD". This
means that there may be no local prioritization and/or no DSCP marking
made even though a specific priority is requested, and the application
would not know.

I think this is what we agreed back when this was discussed, but I just
wanted to check that the group thinks this is fine.

Stefan

[1] http://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#priority-and-qos-model