API to access file system (was Re: Review of May 15 WebRTC 1.0 draft)

My recollection is that this comes from use case 2.3.9. "Simple Video
Communication Service with File Exchange". At the time (as I remember
it) Tim Terriberry pushed for this (and even went beyond this saying
that if you want to transfer all files in a folder, each of them should
go on a different SCTP stream) if memory serves.

As we considered at the time that existing and APIs defined by other W3C
groups (such as the Audio API can be used for panning) could be used we
(I) figured that this is OK since there is the File (picker) API
already, and most browsers already at the time (remember that this was
six years ago) supported that.

In hindsight it creates a strange dependency since it sort of requires
the support of APIs defined elsewhere. On the other hand that is also
the case for where we depend on Audio API (and other APIs).

I don't know if it is worth updating the requirement doc now.

Stefan