Re: API or spec to limit a certain sending track

From: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 19:37:48 -0400
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 7/28/2017 6:17 AM, IƱaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> e) TMMBR
>
> Real standard valid for a server to limit the bitrate of a specific
> SSRC. IMHO this could perfectly satisfy this use case.
>
> However, Chrome does not want to properly implement it (they are about
> dropping support for it) and others do not even implement it.

Firefox implements TMMBR, but we need someone to test it with a real
server and verify it's working properly to flip the switch to enable
it.  There's an about:config pref for it; you can try that:
media.navigator.video.use_tmmbr

If you're interested in helping test it, contact us (#media on IRC at
moznet (irc.mozilla.org), or by email -- note my signature!!!!)

--
Randell Jesup -- rjesup a t mozilla d o t com
Please please please don't email randell-ietf@jesup.org!  Way too much spam