Re: WPT test dependencies

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 09:43, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> The web-platform-tests dashboard (see: https://wpt.fyi/webrtc ) contains a disclaimer that it does "not contain useful metrics for evaluation or comparison of web platform features".
>
> That said, the RTCIceTransport.html test does not succeed even on browsers that support the RTCIceTransport (e.g. Safari).
>
> The test is failing because this test (and the RTCDtlsTransport test ) depend on the SctpTransport object:
>
>    "ReferenceError: RTCSctpTransport is not defined"
>
> Why does the RTCIceTransport test depend on the RTCSctpTransport being defined?
>
> For example, if a browser supports RtpSender/Receiver, DtlsTransport and IceTransport but not SctpTransport couldn't an RTCIceTransport object be obtained from sender.transport.transport ?

Sounds like something which could get improved. Open an issue against WPT?

Just to raise awareness: right now lots of tests are also failing because they require Transceivers to be available even if the test is not testing anything related to Transceivers (because some of the shared helper functions rely on Transceivers).

I guess this comes down to the ultimate question: is every implementation expected to implement all aspects of the spec?

Best
  Nils Ohlmeier