Re: Enabling simulcast in the answer

From: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 17:37:05 +0000
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
The simulcast solution we were able to fit into the 1.0 time frame was
specifically designed such that the browser/client can offer simulcast, but
not (necessarily) answer a simulcast offer.    Allowing the server to send
an offer to the client and have it answer, as I recall, was too complex to
get into 1.0 (we barely got simulcast in at all) and will have to wait for
a future version of the spec.

I believe a browser/client is free to go beyond the spec and allow
answering simulcast offers from the server, but it's not part of the spec.

This mostly defined i JSEP, by the way, not the W3C spec.