[webrtc-stats] Not clear if RTCTransportStats combines RTP+RTCP or not.

From: Taylor Brandstetter via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 20:11:45 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
taylor-b has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-stats:

== Not clear if RTCTransportStats combines RTP+RTCP or not. ==
The summary states:

> A Transport carries a part of an SDP session, consisting of RTP and
RTCP. When Bundle is in use, an SDP session will have only one
Transport per Bundle group. When Bundle is not in use, there is one
Transport per m-line.

This heavily implies that an RTCTransportStats combines RTP and RTCP
for an m= section.

But later, we have rtcpTransportStatsId, defined as:

> If RTP and RTCP are not multiplexed, this is the id of the transport
 that gives stats for the RTCP component, and this record has only the
 RTP component stats.

Which implies that there are separate RTCTransportStats for RTP and
RTCP. This seems correct, since that would allow a 1:1 mapping from an
 RTCIceTransport to an RTCTransportStats. Also, it's the only way
there could be a single "selected candidate pair" per
RTCTransportStats.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-stats/issues/72 using your GitHub
account