PR 631: Multiple entries for "rtx"?

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 21:08:29 +0000
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
CC: Robin Raymond <robin@hookflash.com>, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
There has been a question of whether in WebRTC 1.0 (and in ORTC), there are multiple entries for "rtx" in RTCRtpCapabilities.codecs[] and RTCRtpParameters.codecs[].

As the WebRTC 1.0 specification currently exists, I believe the answer is "no" for capabilities, but "yes" for parameters, where there is an "rtx" entry for each media codec that can be retransmitted.

In ORTC, I believe the answer is "yes" for both capabilities and parameters.

See: https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/pull/631