Re: "depth" kind and MediaStreamTrack.kind

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 18:09:25 +0200
To: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Cc: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> [BA] I believe that Iñaki is referring to the getCapabilities methods defined for RtpSender in Section 5.2 and RtpReceiver in Section 5.3:
>
> partial interface RTCRtpSender {
>     static RTCRtpCapabilities getCapabilities(DOMString kind);
> };
>
> partial interface RTCRtpReceiver {
>     static RTCRtpCapabilities          getCapabilities(DOMString kind);
> };
>
> As to whether MediaStreamTrack.kind may have a value of "depth", I believe the answer is yes.

Yes, that what I meant.

> See the Media Capture Depth Stream Extensions specification:
> https://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-depth/

Thanks, it clearly mentions "depth" as a value for MediaStreamTrack.kind.

However, the WebRTC draft requires some changes since it assumes just
"audio"/"video":

- In 5.1.1:
Initialize track.kind attribute to audio or video depending on the
media type of the media description.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>