Re: maxHeight and maxWidth

On 2/12/16 16:10, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> ​ But seeing that code does give me an idea for something even better;
> add an event to a video track: onresolutionchanged. Then, whenever the
> video track's resolution changes, the Javascript can reset the scale:
>
> track.onresolutionchanged = function(evt) {
>   var params = sender.getParameters();
> params.encodings[1].scaleResolutionDownBy = evt.height / 90;
> sender.setParameters(params);
> }
>
> ​It has the downside that a frame or two of the old scale might escape.

Yeah, I almost proposed this as an alternative, but identified the race
and found it to be unacceptable.

Doing this pushes the problem down the constituency priority chain from
implementors all the way to authors and users. And, make no mistake
here: you're proposing user-visible glitches. This is exactly the wrong
direction.

I wonder if there's some way to hook into Media Source Extensions that
would allow the apps to perform these kinds of changes on a frame-exact
basis. Anyone here sufficiently familiar with that spec to be able to
answer?

/a