RE: Comments needed - procedures for defining stats

One concern with a "living document" that never reaches a completion milestone is that the maturity of the specification may be unclear to potential implementers.  Also, this may discourage development of compliance tests.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:harald@alvestrand.no]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 7:03 AM
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: Comments needed - procedures for defining stats

See this PR from May:

https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-stats/pull/43

The proposal is to treat the stats document as a "living document" (with occasional snapshots) that serves as both the registry and the repository of definitions for stats values.

Cullen has raised one counterargument - that he'd like to be able to reserve a name without finalizing the definition of the variable. (I hope I've phrased that correctly)

Opinions sought.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.