[webrtc-pc] replaceTrack with the previous one as ended

From: Miguel París via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 11:13:30 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
mparis has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc:

== replaceTrack with the previous one as ended ==
Hello,
what should happen if we try to replaceTrack of an ended track?

If I am not wrong, [1] and [2] say that if a MediaStreamTrack is ended
 a renegotiation should be performed removing its info from the SDP

On the other hand, replaceTrack doc [2] says that a renegotiation must
 not be performed:
"Determine if negotiation is needed to transmit withTrack in place of
the sender's existing track. Ignore which MediaStream the track
resides in and the id attribute of the track in this determination. If
 negotiation is needed, then reject p with InvalidModificationError
and abort these steps. "

So:
1.  if the previous track is ended should a renegotiation take place
to notice the peer?
2. Or it cannot take place because the previous track must be in LIVE
state?:
    "Attempts to replace the track **being sent** with another track
provided, without renegotiation."

Refs
[1] http://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#setting-negotiation-needed
[2] http://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#clearing-negotiation-needed