Re: SDP renegotiation with same msid but different ssrc (video becomes frozen)

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:25:40 +0200
To: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> On 4/15/2016 7:33 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

>>> The sender can change the SSRC whenever it becomes aware of a SSRC
>>> collisions and the receiver has to deal with that. It's one of the many
>>> reasons for use of identifiers other than SSRC (like rid)
>>
>> SSRC is a 32 bit long integer. There are no SSRC collisions. And if
>> there were, there could also be RID or MID collisions.
>

> SSRC collisions happen in real life.  Some devices like to use non-random
> SSRCs (0 is a good value, right? Or 1? ;-)  ), and they can end up
> colliding.  Or they seed poorly.  Or just bad luck.

If a device uses a fixed SSRC with value 0 or 1 I would not expect
that it will implement RID or MID. And if it did that, it would set ""
for both values XD

BTW: If an endpoint decides to change a SSRC, is a SDP re-offer needed
by indicating the new SSRC in use? (regardless it is not needed if
RID/MID is in use and so on...).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>