Re: Question about desired max-bundle behavior with remote offers.

On 04/13/2016 01:26 AM, Taylor Brandstetter wrote:
> My initial assumption was that the only purpose of the "max-bundle"
> policy was to create "bundle-only" media descriptions in an offer.
>
> But a question came up recently: What happens if you receive a
> non-BUNDLE offer when the max-bundle policy is configured?
>
> Should the PeerConnection:
>
>  1. Allow this, and negotiate multiple transports?
>  2. Reject (port 0) all but one of the media descriptions?
>
> An application developer may be surprised if they configure
> max-bundle, but end up non-bundled. But conversely, they may be
> surprised if media descriptions are rejected for no reason other than
> the bundle policy.

My immediate reaction (on the general principle that "negotation to less
functionality should always work") is that the developer's setting for
max-bundle policy affects offers created by the local PC only; if the
implementation is at all able to accept the remote side's offer, it
should accept it.

I think we still require all implementations to support multiple transports.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.