Re: DataChannels in Workers

From: Göran Eriksson AP <goran.ap.eriksson@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 21:16:07 +0000
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
CC: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>

>On 25 September 2015 at 11:04, Göran Eriksson AP
><goran.ap.eriksson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> Meaning we limit this to the SW’s from the origin initially and only
>>later
>> to the foreign service worker capability that is being discussed in the
>> next version of SW?
>

>Not at all.  I think that part of the power of this is lost if we
>limit it.  It's demonstrably safe, so limiting it is completely
>unnecessary.

I trust you on that part but it still assumes we’ll have a service worker
spec for foreign service worker including proper security considerations.

But I guess it is not unreasonable to assume that version of the SW spec
including foreign fetch to be available in the same time frame as a spec
for WebRTC data channel in SW.

Ok- this sounds like an early Xmas. Looking forward to experiment with
this.