Re: RTCSessionDescription and RTCIceCandidate

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 16:26:09 -0700
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Apparently these serve a purpose: shibboleth.

We can't have an attribute that is a dictionary.  This breaks
localDescription and remoteDescription on RTCPeerConnection.

Thus, I need to restore an interface for RTCSessionDescription.

I've tried to think of ways to make this less awful, but I can't see
any way to do so. Ideally, we'd make RTCSessionDescription attributes
immutable, but applications have come to expect the attributes on
RTCSessionDescription to be mutable. Thus, we have to have a copy of
the actual session description from the local/remoteDescription
getter.  Having to do that is why WebIDL forbids dictionary
attributes.  So we get the worst of all possibilities.