Re: Resolution changes

On 9/14/15 11:20 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> On 09/14/2015 07:20 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
>>> Section 5:
>>>
>>> Let's look at a slightly different situation starting from the same
>>> point. In this case, instead of the first track attempting to apply
>>> a conflicting constraint, the user physically locks the camera into
>>> a mode where the fill light is on. At this point the source can no
>>> longer satisfy the second track's mandatory constraint that the fill
>>> light be off. The second track is transitioned into the muted state
>>> and receives an|overconstrained|
>>> <http://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-main/getusermedia.html#event-mediastreamtrack-overconstrained>event.
>>>
>>> More info in section 11.1.1.
>>
>> Constraints are properties of the application, not the browser, and
>> no constraints were violated here.
>
> I don't even know what this means, but if it has meaning, I think
> you're wrong.
> the "light must be off" constraint is violated whenever the light is on.

I'm not challenging the spec text, only its relevance to Martin's case.

   source -> track -> sink

Camera fill-light switch = source property.
PeerConnection negotiation window = sink property.

While I find support for peerConnection being able to change a source
*within constraints*, I find no support for sink properties trumping
constraints.

Instead I read: "Many sinks may .. take these [source setting] changes
in stride. ... Others like the Recorder API may fail as a result of a
source setting change." [1]

I take this to mean the sink fails, not applyConstraints.

[1]
http://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-main/getusermedia.html#the-model-sources-sinks-constraints-and-settings

.: Jan-Ivar :.