Re: use cases around CSRC, client to mixer, mixer to client

From: Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 14:46:24 -0500
To: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>
Cc: public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy)
<fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:
> Use Case for receiving Mixer to Client audio levels:
>
> I'm not really sure the good use case for this and I don't care if we have it in 1.0 - perhaps someone else has more compelling use case.

The main use case for this is implementing the following GUI for mixed calls:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9rv8jdczjnmzxr/audiolevels.png?dl=0

Can you do it by sending the levels some other way? Yes. CSRC audio
levels would potentially be more in-sync but does that matter? To some
it probably would. To many others probably not.

Emil

--
https://jitsi.org